[TYPO3-core] Translation 'en' missing

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Fri Nov 2 10:35:44 CET 2012

Am 02.11.2012 09:31, schrieb Daniel Alder:
> Am 01.11.2012 10:31, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:

>> Usually you can use _LOCAL_LANG.default.string_id.
>
> I am sure of that. But changing locallang via TS is a bad habit.

it is the only solution to enable updates from TER and have your own labels.
otherwise you disable any extension-update, as a newer version may
introduce new labels which are not included in your modified old
locallang file.

in earlier days all the translations were in one locallang file within
the extension (very early as PHP, now in XML)
As more and more extensions got multiple translations, these files get
bigger and bigger and the working needs lots of space for languages
never used in single instances. So the individual locallang-files were
invented for other languages than default as default (= en) still is
included in the extension itself.

but it stays: these files belong to an extension and should be modified
only to support the extension-author/TER with new or corrected locallang
files.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html