[TYPO3-core] Translation 'en' missing

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Fri Nov 2 10:06:30 CET 2012

On 2-11-2012 9:51, Daniel Alder wrote:
> Am 31.10.2012 16:16, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
>
> ...did you really read the conversation?

Did you really read the article I linked to? It gives you plenty of
options to change the labels of any extension, core, etc. both for the
default (English) language and other languages without modifying any
part of the extension or core itself.

Your idea that English labels should be made as a translation of the
description for translators is simply not the way things work in TYPO3.

If you think that changing labels in TypoScript is a bad habit, then
you're not forced to do that; there are alternatives (as described in
Xavier's article).

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member