[TYPO3-core] confused with refs/heads/TYPO3_4-X_backports

Michael Stucki michael.stucki at typo3.org
Thu May 24 13:57:19 CEST 2012

Hi Simon,

> i am wondering, why i still can see the remote branch on command line
> level. is that somewhere hidden in my local git repository?

git fetch --prune

-p, --prune
     After fetching, remove any remote-tracking branches which no
     longer exist on the remote.

> this raises a lot of questions. i think this is also the wrong way. We
> from punkt.de have customers who have patched typo3 sources which is a
> big pain when it comes to updates because then you have to manually
> patch the core over and over again.

When you use Git for your repositories, it will be very easy to "fork"
it yourself. So you can easily cherry-pick and backport everything you
want (and test it yourself of course).

Greetings, Michael

--
Michael Stucki