[TYPO3-core] Better usage of votes on Forge

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Wed Mar 21 09:03:44 CET 2012

Hi Francois,

thanks for getting (back) to this forge feature. I also had th idea that
it could be useful for collecting feature ideas for the upcoming TYPO3
version 6.0 and I'm quite confident that this would be a nice community
feedback channel.

On 21.03.12 07:57, François Suter wrote:
> Hi Tolleiv,
>
>> @Francois - nice idea but to be honest this needs a lot of education on
>> the users and the core-devs site and I wonder how this could be achieved
>> easily. I doubt that a simple news article will help very much.
>
> It sure does. But having it is already the first step.

As always the first step would be making buzz around it and telling
people that tickets with more votes will be easier recognized. I already
stumbled over quite a few things when using the queries which I would
probably have overlooked.

And I also do not share Georgs fear. In contrast in my opinion it helps
to focus. Looking at the top 10 of most wanted bugfixes reminded me of
what also annoyed me most and additionally motivates me to fix them as
many people would be thankful.

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel
TYPO3 Security Team Leader, TYPO3 v4 Core Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: typo3.org