[TYPO3-core] Unit Tests are excuted automaically on every merge in master branch

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Fri Jun 29 20:11:11 CEST 2012

Hi Peter,

On 29.06.12 18:17, Peter Niederlag wrote:

>> Right. But I'm not sure how we can implement this since all
>> changes/foo/bar seem not to be real branches, this not mirrored to github.
>
> Not quite true, github is "mirrored". Clone it and you'll see, the very
> same goes for git.typo3.org. The mirrors contain *all* objects and
> symbolic refs. ;)

OK, everything is mirrored. That is great so far.

> Please let me know if this is not true, then something
> is goofed.

Well, I'm not too much into this topic. If you say so, I trust you ;)

> Unfortunatly travis-ci ignores them
> as they are not in the heads/ namespace. ;(

Hm, OK.
So e.g refs/changes/59/11859/4 is a symbolic ref that points to what? To
an object stored in objects?

That would make sense.

The question now is, how to get travis building also for those symbolic
refs. I could ask the travis guys, but I want to be sure that it makes
sense in general because I doubt they will implement something which is
only useful for us.

Another option would be to automatically make a symbolic ref from e.g
refs/heads/changes/4/2/1 to refs/changes/4/2/1 so that it would be in
the heads namespace. But this would imho mean that every git fetch would
download *every* change to every user, which is not what we really want.

Can we do the latter only for the github mirror?

Sorry if I'm mixing up things here, but I try to find a solution without
really knowing too much about git internals...

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel