[TYPO3-core] Integrate base test classe(s) of tx_phpunit into the core?

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Wed Jun 27 12:44:36 CEST 2012

Hi,

Am 27.06.2012 00:45, schrieb Helmut Hummel:
> Therefore I propose to include all classes (mainly a base class and one?
> helper class) used in the core tests or system extension tests into the
> core.

Some thought on this:

I do not have any objections to having the base test class
Tx_Phpunit_TestCase as part of the core. (Anyway, the class is no rocket
science either - it just sets $backupGlobals and $backupStaticAttributes
and provides the methods getAccessibleMock and buildAccessibleProxy).

However, moving/copying the helper classes (TestFinder and the Testing
Framework) from the phpunit extension to the Core will not be easy as
those classes depend on lots of other classes from the phpunit
extension. In addition, we should be aware of the fact that the
TestFinder class not only is responsible for finding locating the Core
test cases, but also of locating the test cases of extensions.

I think that currently the most logic place for those helper classes is
inside the phpunit extension. (I'm using the the following logic here:
"Where would I first look for those classes?")

About having phpunit as a system extension: This would make it easier
for people to start with unit testing (which is good). However, I
currently wouldn't consider the phpunit extension to be save for sites
that are reachable from the internet: Big parts of the extension still
are quite a mess (which I'm working on cleaning up), and some things
might not be secure enough (yet) for this.

About having the Core unit test results in the reports module:
Currently, I don't consider the unit tests to be fast enough for a quick
feedback in that module (and don't expect them to be so anytime soon).
We need some other place for this.

Oli
--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Security Team Member