[TYPO3-core] How to refer to TYPO3_CONF_VARS in the documentation (since v6.0)

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Dec 7 09:23:37 CET 2012

Hi Ernesto,

> Introducing and removing sub-documents like I propose above should be
> "easy" and unbureaucratic (no new forge projects, no new git
> repositories). Maybe keeping the central document as a "glue" pointing
> to the separate documents. It might also be just a matter of giving more
> "structure" to the current "list of Core Documentation" [1]

That view is the best we could do with the old extension used to display
documentation on typo3.org. We definitely hope to do better in the
future on docs.typo3.org (to be eventually integrated into typo3.org),
but we're not there yet.

> Just some ideas. I would love to get more involved in contributing to
> the documentation (my programming skills are getting more and more
> rusty, but I still can write).:)  Maybe I could join a next
> doc-team-meeting as a by-stander? I am sure you have discussed stuff
> like that before and I don't to interfere in a potentially working and
> well thought master-plan, just want to help a bit where I can (maybe
> with the current view of an out stander).

All ideas are welcome, although such discussion should now rather take
place in the documentation mailing list. You are absolutely welcome to
join a team meeting, and not just as a bystander. Our next meeting is
planned soon, on 13.12.2012 at 21:00 CEST (we do it via Skype).

Cheers

--

Francois Suter