[TYPO3-core] [TYPO3-mvc] Call for help: Migrate core extensions to extbase

Tobias Liebig tobias.liebig at typo3.org
Mon Apr 9 21:44:44 CEST 2012

Am 05.04.2012 um 14:38 schrieb Christian Kuhn:
> On 04/05/2012 02:13 PM, Kay Strobach wrote:
>> Do we want extension to behave more ajax like? - If so, why don't we use
>> the cardlayout and extdirect for common modules to reduce the data,
>> which is transfered?
>
> Yes, I'm open for good changes in this area, but I'd prefer to do the extbase code migration first.
> If we mix up bigger behavior changes with the main refactoring, chances will be even lower to get things merged in reasonable time.

+1!
First cleanup and port to extbase w/o adding any new (fancy) features or refactorings (UI/UX wise).
If we have the modules based on extbase, we will have a much more maintainable base to refactor the UI/UX and add new stuff. Even if that might mean to throw away some "forward-ported" modules/code later in advantage for the next refactoring (might look like doing things twice but actually it means doing small doable steps)

regards,
  tobias

--
Tobias Liebig