[TYPO3-core] Incubator troubles

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 29 09:21:40 CET 2011

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your patience.

On 29-11-2011 8:43, Peter Niederlag wrote:
>> $ git status
>> # On branch project-graphicslibrary
>> # Your branch is ahead of 'origin/project-graphicslibrary' by 322 commits.
>> #
>
> this ^^ is weird as it sais that you have 322 ("local") commits. That is
> really weird as in the previous mail you pasted the output of git log,
> which showed only one missing commit.

The 322 commits happened after executing
git rebase origin/project-graphicslibrary
as you instructed. It also overfilled the output buffer so I couldn't
copy/paste the output of the previous commands.

> What does git remote -v show (Do you really have only one remote
> "Incubator")?

$ git remote -v
origin  git://git.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Incubator.git (fetch)
origin  ssh://jigal@review.typo3.org:29418/TYPO3v4/Incubator.git (push)

> Can you show your .git/config on which local branch is merged/rebase
> with what upstream branch (influenced by renaming branches)?

[core]
	repositoryformatversion = 0
	filemode = false
	bare = false
	logallrefupdates = true
	symlinks = false
	ignorecase = true
	hideDotFiles = dotGitOnly
[remote "origin"]
	fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
	url = git://git.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Incubator.git
	puttykeyfile =
[branch "master"]
	remote = origin
	merge = refs/heads/master
	rebase = true
[branch "project-graphicslibrary"]
	remote = origin
	merge = refs/heads/project-graphicslibrary
	rebase = true
[submodule "typo3/sysext/dbal"]
	url = git://git.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Extensions/dbal.git
[submodule "typo3/sysext/extbase"]
	url = git://git.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/CoreProjects/MVC/extbase.git
[submodule "typo3/sysext/fluid"]
	url = git://git.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/CoreProjects/MVC/fluid.git
[submodule "typo3/sysext/version"]
	url = git://git.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/CoreProjects/workspaces/version.git
[submodule "typo3/sysext/workspaces"]
	url = git://git.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/CoreProjects/workspaces/workspaces.git

> Tip: start over with a clean local branch.

You're kidding, right? ;-) Git the ultimate change management tool
requires me to throw away my edits and start all over?

> git checkout -b project-graphicslibrary origin/project-graphicslibrary

Well, this ^^ is how it started.
- create new directory outside the core repository
- clone incubator
- checkout project graphicslibrary
- switch to that branch
- pull
- update submodules
- add a few files
- commit
- push
- pull
- update submodules
- add a few more files and modify one file
- commit
- push -> problem
Really, nothing more!

I'm not convinced that doing the same again will produce different results.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.