[TYPO3-core] Gerrit and new review policy for TYPO3 v4 Core

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Mar 29 08:22:38 CEST 2011

François Suter schrieb am 28.03.2011 20:06:
> Hi all,
>
> One thing that appeared quite clearly during the Bug Day is that "we"
> (meaning in this case "at least some members of the community and in
> particular of the core team) feel that we don't yet have a clear mapping
> between our old review process (i.e. two +1's by reading and two +1' by
> testing, at least from a core team member for each) and the new review
> process with Gerrit's "verified" and "reviewed" states, which use +1's
> and +2's.
>
> BTW please note if you hadn't noticed/been informed yet, Karsten
> activated the +1/+2 scheme for "verified" too.
>
> What's left to define IMO is what those +1's and +2's from Gerrit
> exactly mean. The basic idea is that a +2 is what it really takes to be
> allowed to do the final push into the repository. Only project members
> (i.e. core team members for the v4 core) are allowed to give a +2.

We have indeed "discussed" the exact rules here, BTW:

http://forge.typo3.org/issues/13468

There is also a mapping from the old rules to the new scheme documented
there. Since it wasn't further discussed in the issue, I expect that it
hasn't been documented officially yet, which means it should. Is the
WIKI the right place for it? I documented it here for a start:

http://wiki.typo3.org/Gerrit_Review_Workflow

Linking it from the main http://wiki.typo3.org/Git_Gerrit page.

Maybe more info needs to be added (like discussed in this thread).

Cheers,
Ernesto