[TYPO3-core] Developing features and git/gerrit

Thorsten Kahler thorsten.kahler at dkd.de
Wed Jun 1 13:21:36 CEST 2011

Hi Peter,

Peter Niederlag schrieb am 01.06.11 11:38:
> Am 01.06.2011 11:03, schrieb Thorsten Kahler:
>> * fork from there * add a project/feature branch to your fork * work
>> on that branch together with other devs * add git.typo3.org as remote
>> to your local clone * rebase all changes of that branch to
>> git.typo3.org/master
>
> IMO very good idea(also currently not required), forgot that in my
> explanation. ;(

which part is not required? I assume rebasing? Or the whole process? I
think rebasing before pushing results in smaller changes sets and so
makes it easier for others to test.

>> * push your project/feature branch to git.typo3.org
>>
>> I think there's some overhead, because the owner of the fork has to
>> handle pull requests on that fork.
>
> Not necessarily, github provides team access. You can give other github
> users write permissions on your fork:
> - select your repository
> - click on "Admin"
> - click "Collaborators"
>
> Now these users don't have to go through "pull requests"(github review).
>
> Very powerfull and flexible as anyone(!) can team collaborate on patches
> and finally submit for review without any extra workload/complexity
> inside the Core repository on typo3.org. :->

I came across that form during a quick check but didn't find any useful
information in Githubs help system. Thanx for your explanation!

Cheers,
Thorsten

--

Thorsten Kahler