[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #17244: Error Message while Updating 4.4.6 > 4.5

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Jan 28 22:27:46 CET 2011

Hi Olly,

Am 28.01.2011 21:21, schrieb Oliver Hader:
> Well, I don't think this makes things complicated. We just should ensure
> that the install tool has the basic required extensions available if
> they are required there. It's not required to load all EM classes by
> default and create a new very special case there...
>
> If there are doubts concerning the new "ignoredExt" settings, this could
> be removed. Thus the install tool uses the extensions defined in the new
> constant - otherwise in FE and BE the values as given in requiredExt are
> used.

yes, it makes sense.
So why not simply overwrite
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXT']['requiredExt'] in install tool? I
don't think we need ignored extensions, just make sure that all tools
installtool needs are available.
Isn't that the same fpr DBAL which is also only activated for install tool?

vg Steffen