[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #15853: Improve the look of admin panel

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Tue Jan 25 02:52:04 CET 2011

> Type: Bugfix, styling
> Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15853
> Branch: trunk

> Solution:
> The attached patch gives the admin panel the same look as t3skin has.
> All colors, fonts and other styles are removed from the PHP code and
> moved to the stylesheet file. Generic styles are given to the admin
> panel to allow customization of the look in other skins. All icons are
> also taken from the skin.

Hi!

It really sounds hilarious, but this patch makes the resizable textareas
in the backend unusable (*) in Chrome 9 (works in Chrome 8).
To be more specific: Adding the file admin_panel.css

I don't know how and why.. yes.. but it is how it is.

All definitions look well prefixed with #TSFE_ADMIN_PANEL_FORM, CSS
validator and my two validator eyes also couldn't find any obvious issue.

So one question, which could remedy this problem: Has this file to be
loaded in the backend? I don't think so, as it's loaded in
lass.tslib_adminpanel.php. However, placing it in
EXT:t3skin/stylesheets/(visual|structure)/ automatically causes it to be
loaded in backend.

Could this file just be moved to t3skin/stylesheets/adminpanel/ or
similar? This should fix the issue.

Chrome 9 is currently beta, so this is not *that* critical.

Kind regards
Steffen

--
(*) unusable means: you can type 2 characters in maximum, then nothing
happens anymore

Steffen Gebert
TYPO3 Core Team Member

Use a newsreader! Check out