[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #14098: When sending mail, use TYPO3_CONF_VAR for default from address if no other address is provided

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 20 19:22:21 CET 2011

Hi,

On 20-1-2011 19:05, Marcus Krause wrote:
> I've updated the patch so that it applies again on trunk.
>
> Additionally, I slightly modified it to not put an linefeed in front of
> "$additionalHeaders" if it's NULL (optional function argument in
> t3lib_utility_Mail)
>
> I think TYPO3 really needs a default from address. Please let us
> introduce it in 4.5. (initial RFC was for 4.4!!!)

I needed such an address in #17065, so I included it in that patch. Only
difference is that I put it in the [MAIL] section (which we now have in
4.5).

A small note: please use example.org/com/net/edu as example domains.
They are reserved and fully configured with valid domain records (also
MX records).

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert