[TYPO3-core] RFC #0013938: Backend session is locked to useragent

Stefan Galinski sgalinski at df.eu
Wed Jan 19 19:25:23 CET 2011

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:

> Dmitry Dulepov schrieb am 19.01.2011 18:52:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
>>> It is more like a new feature, because the useragent locking was never
>>> configurable for the BE before. We don't want to introduce new features
>>> (or configuration options) in older releases, do we?
>>
>> What about removing user agent from hash? It always log out clients.
>> They can't work with Backend.
>
> I must confess I never heard this complaint. Why do user agent change
> from one call to the next on on your clients? This isn't supposed to
> happen?

Hi Ernesto,

Just want to note that often extensions/plugins for the browser causing this
problems. I had login problems after I switched to Chrome, because of a
single plugin. The search for a fix for this issue was just annoying,
because you don't think in the first moment that this can be caused thru a
bad-written browser plugin.

--
Stefan Galinski
staatl. geprüfter Informatiktechniker