[TYPO3-core] RFC #17060: Only log complete page cache flushes

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Mon Jan 17 16:40:28 CET 2011

 > Your "problem" could be then solved by adding a
> method clearBranchCache($root). Personally I'd rather log too much
> instead too few. Especially considering TYPO3 as enterprise these audit
> tracks may be important.

But some thousand entries are for me way too much verbosity..

Of course, we could refactor it a bit for 4.6 and create a
clearBranchCache method, which calls an internal (non-logging) function,
which is also called by the other methods.

However, this doesn't make me happy for 4.5.
Why not hook into clearCachePostProc, if you need logging for every
single page, and just log the flushes by default?

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert