[TYPO3-core] 0017073: Final Integration of the pagetree

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Mon Jan 17 12:52:56 CET 2011

On 17.01.2011 09:21, Georg Ringer wrote:
> Am 17.01.2011 09:15, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
>> If the new pagetree is not automatically used for existing extensions
>> users will suddenly see a different pagetree if they use an existing BE
>> module supplied by an extension which does not have specific 4.5 code to
>> show the new pagetree. Very confusing! This will also result in a lot of
>> questions / criticism...
>
> yeah that is true.
> Furthermore: Using the new page tree should be as simple as possible by
> an extension author. So it would be very nice if there is a simple demo
> available.

I'll probably see if I can write something about it. However just as
hint: At the moment all web modules get the new tree automatically. If
you want to use the pagetree in another module use:

t3lib_extMgm::addCoreNavigationComponent('tools_txdevlogM1',
'typo3-pagetree', array(
	'TYPO3.Components.PageTree'
));

in your ext_tables.php (this one gives you the pagetree for the devlog
-> does not make sense atm, but works for a demonstration ;))

Susanne

--
What's worth the price is always worth the fight
Every second counts 'cause there's no second try

TYPO3 Core Team Member