[TYPO3-core] FYI Added feature #17033: [reports] Notification Emails for system status updates

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Jan 17 12:18:07 CET 2011

Hi,

> I would like to come up with that idea again and support the
> introduction of a default From address because it's needed in a lot of
> places already. Currently AFAIK the Swift mailer adapter uses
> no-reply at example.org which doesn't feel right to me.

I think this would be extremely useful. I do that in my sites, but it's
not ideal as it's just a TS constant. A real system-wide From would be
very worthwhile. It may be too late for 4.5 though...

As for cluttering up the Install Tool, I don't think it's a good excuse,
as there are so many options already anyway. We should rather take a
serious look at all them and deprecate/remove some of the older ones. I
mean has anyone really tried to use another table than "tt_content" for
content elements? Just an example...

Cheers

--

Francois Suter