[TYPO3-core] RFC #7837: Remove option if icon generation is needed

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Jan 4 23:06:48 CET 2011

On 12/17/10 9:47 AM, Benjamin Mack wrote:
> Hey,
>
> this is a SVN patch request.
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7837
>
> Problem:
> GDLib 2 has been made default in 0014441, and was committed in Rev. 7781
> (just in time for 4.4), however, the part which searches for icons if
> noIconProc is 1 has not yet been removed, although not used anymore.
>
> Solution:
> Just remove the code, as GDlib 2 does everything we need. The option
> "noIconProc" was there for that reason.
>
> All the best,
> Benni.

+1 on reading and testing.

Strangely enough, the hardest part was finding a place that still uses
the old non-sprite icons so that I could see "X" icon before applying
the patch.  Since I eventually had to go to the tt_news backend module,
I guess that means we have pretty good coverage on the Sprite API :)

Thanks,
Jeff