[TYPO3-core] FYI72: #17670: Remove deprecaded functions scheduled for removal in 4.6

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Feb 24 14:23:41 CET 2011

Christian Kuhn schrieb am 19.02.2011 15:29:

> Type: cleanup
>
> BT: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=17670
>
> Mission:
> Remove all deprecated methods which are not used by core and logged by
> logDeprecatedFunction() and scheduled for removal in 4.6.
>
> Notes:
> - I've checked every method in this patch that it not used any more in
> core, it should be safe to remove them.
> - There are still some occurrences where deprecated methods are used /
> inter weaved with core code. I've left them out and created issues for
> each (attached as child to umbrella issue 0017481), so we can tackle
> them one by one.
> - Deprecations in extbase and fluid are not touched
> - The dbal changes are separated, I'll mail the patch to Xavier.

This slipped in your committed patch:

-	 * Returns dynamic tab menu header JS code.
-	 * This is now incorporated automatically when the function
template::getDynTabMenu is called
-	 * (as long as it is called before $this->startPage())
-	 * The return value is not needed anymore
-	 *
-	 * @deprecated since TYPO3 4.5, as the getDynTabMenu() function
includes the function automatically since TYPO3 4.3
-	 * @return	string		JavaScript section for the HTML header. (return
value is deprecated since TYPO3 4.3, will be removed in TYPO3 4.5)
-	 */
-	function getDynTabMenuJScode()	{
-		t3lib_div::logDeprecatedFunction();
-		$this->loadJavascriptLib('js/tabmenu.js');
-		// return value deprecated since TYPO3 4.3
-		return '';
-	}
-

Deprecated since 4.5 means we will remove in 4.7 and not in 4.6. This
breaks TemplaVoila, as just found out by Xavier.

Solution would be to re-include this method and ask TemplaVoila team to
get rid of this call in future releases.

Agreed?

Cheers,
Ernesto