[TYPO3-core] RFC #17701: Generated t3x are corrupted in 4.5.1-dev and trunk

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Feb 22 10:08:39 CET 2011

Hi,

>> Am 22.02.2011 08:48, schrieb Xavier Perseguers:
>>> I generated a t3x both with 4.5.1-dev or trunk (rev. 10521) and with a
>>> 4.5.0 and there is an obvious difference in files as the one from trunk
>>> starts with 4 (four) line breaks (char 10) before showing the MD5 hash
>>> and the two colons.
>>
>> This looks like there are some linebreaks before the<?php or after the
>> ?> in some PHP file. This might even be one of the installed extensions
>> (because the EM includes all ext_emconf.php files of all installed
>> extensions). I once had corrupt T3X files because one of the
>> ext_emconf.php files had a byte-order mark at the beginning.
>>

> indeed, i can't reproduce this on my installation.

That was my next question, whether someone could reproduce the bug or not.

I found that extension cal at least has two of those linebreaks but
still, after unstalling it I still have those 4 linebreaks thus I should
track down them further.

>> So I vote -1 because we should fix the cause of the problem, not the
>> symptom.
>>

> i think it doesn't harm to clear the buffer for creating the file. As we
> see, linebreaks are in the buffer, and this can happen also with user
> config files. So +1 for doing the clean.

Indeed, I shouldn't be unable to use the EM if for any reason I have a
"bad" extension in my install. It does not harm to be on the safe side.
I'd agree with you Oli if the bug was in Core but as it may be
influenced by 3rd party files, we should ensure this cannot happen.

Xavier