[TYPO3-core] RFC #12998: Bug: add icons for MS Office 2007 Documents

Tobias Schaefer tobias.schaefer at ptb.de
Mon Feb 7 14:13:05 CET 2011

Hi Steffen,

could you please also add .pps and .ppsx for completed slide shows, which
can be viewed but are not editable like a .ppt file? Thanks!
I noticed that on my (pretty vanilla) 4.4-Installation (I don't have a 4.5
handy) a standard-TYPO3 filelinks-element still uses the old icons in both
backend and frontend.
The location of the files used in the FE-plugin of filelinks is /typo3/sysext/cms/tslib/media/fileicons
instead of /typo3/gfx/fileicons/.
If css_filelinks is installed, the FE-plugin used /typo3/gfx/fileicons/ which
is caused by the default-stylesheet of css_filelinks.
The main reason for me to draw the office 2007 icons was to get them used
by the filelinks-element (css_filelinks).
If I'm not totally wrong changing the $FILEICONS-array in /t3lib/stddb/tables.php
is still necessary to get the additional office 2007-icons used in the filelinks-element.
I'm also not sure about the patch Steffen Kamper was asking me for (06. Feb
0:10). Is it really necessary to create new icons for every office 2007 file-extensions
or could we use the 3 existing one, since the file-extension isn't explicitly
named in the icons (not like in the old icons)?

Best regards,

Tobias Schäfer