[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14430: disable_controls = list makes fields 'write_once'

Alexander Stehlik alexander.stehlik at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 7 13:01:46 CET 2011

Hi Steffen,

thank you for your input.

> All. An editor doesn't know of this setting, what would result in an
> inconsistent behavior. If you can select only one element, I prefer to
> replace it in every field (or nowhere, as it is currently - but that's
> IMHO the worse variant).
This sounds very reasonable :). So this means all fields of the type
"group" will need this feature, including "db", "file" and "folder". I
modified the patch accordingly.

> No, of course not. Direct upload and Element Browser should behave the
> same way. Before introducing a half-baked solution, this has to be
> fixed, too.
Please find the attached patch that also takes care of the Element Browser.

One thing that is a bit hacky is the clearing of the file upload field.
Because of security reasons it is not possible to set the value of an
input field of type "file". Thats why I used the solution from:
http://gusiev.com/2009/04/clear-upload-file-input-field/

I tested in Firefox an IE8.

Kind regards,
Alex