[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14430: disable_controls = list makes fields 'write_once'

Alexander Stehlik alexander.stehlik at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 7 08:36:16 CET 2011

Hi Steffen,

I finally had some time to look at this issue.

I tested the patch and the idea seems to work. I modified it a bit to
move the code to the right location. Since this change is only relevant
for file upload fields, i moved it to
t3lib_TCEforms::getSingleField_typeGroup.

There are two things I am not sure about:

Should this behaviour appy for all file upload fields that have maxitems
set to 1 or only to those that additionally have the delete button disabled?

At the moment this patch only changes the behaviour for the direct file
upload in the Backend form. If you use the Element Browser, you are
still not able to change a file if delete button is hidden. Is this the
desired behaviour? If not, another solution is needed. Maybe a hook in
the fieldChanged function that can call additional JS code if required.

Please tell me what you think of it and I will provide another patch if
needed.

Kind regards,
Alex