[TYPO3-core] RFC #11367: Remove ancient blurLink code

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Sep 30 16:53:04 CEST 2010

Benjamin Mack schrieb:

> We have the TS option "noBlur = 1" that we all know. This actually adds
> onfocus="blurLink(this)" to every item in a menu etc.

Just to clarify, it is the other way around. noBlur=1 (notice the double
negation) actually prevents the blur() method from being added. The
default in the "old days" was to have the blur() function added (to
avoid the "strange boxes" around links). The later introduced noBlur=1
allowed to get rid of it, because suppressing those boxes is
anti-accessibile.

+1 on the general idea of getting rid of that stuff. I am not sure about
backwards compatibility and the risk of doing it now (before the LTS
with IE6 support). Maybe we should / could spare that RFC for 4.6?

Cheers,
Ernesto