[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15811: Backend feels slower than it had to feel! Make it appear to be faster again!

Georg Ringer mail at ringerge.org
Mon Sep 27 09:05:10 CEST 2010

Hi!

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: UI adjustment

Bugtracker reference:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15811

Branches:
trunk

Problem:
Since 0015711 the ModuleMenu in the Backend is rendered with ExtJs. With
this change a Loading indicator was introduced:
Everytime a new module is opened, the whole module view (including the
page or file tree if it is there) is greyed out and in front of all it
says "Loading...".

Before 0015711 changing to another module worked without greying out
everything and without saying "Loading...".

I don't think that this screen really makes the backend slower.
But the point is that it nonetheless subjectively feels slower. This is
because you again and again are reminded that loading is not yet ready,
that you again have to wait and that you can't do anything but wait,
because the screen is greyed out.

Solution:
To improve that again, I propose to remove this effect of greying
everything out (and with that the "Loading..."-indicator) again.

Additional information:
Shouldn't be the file renamed to iframePanel.js instead of
iframepanel.js, as there is a debugPanel.js and a
viewportConfiguration.js using camelcase too?

Regards
Georg