[TYPO3-core] RFC #15787: Misleading security message in extension manager

Marcus Krause marcus#exp2010 at t3sec.info
Fri Sep 24 16:26:12 CEST 2010

Hi!

Steffen Gebert schrieb:
> On 24.09.10 15:01, Marcus Krause wrote:
>> Branches:
>> 4-3,4-4,trunk
>>
>> Problem:
>> The (flash) message which informs users that extensions might contain
>> security vulnerabilities and refers to the TYPO3 Security Team pages in
>> case of a problem *is misleading*.
>>
>> The TYPO3 Security Team has received several reports of users who are
>> contacting the team simply because of this message.
>
> Thanks for changing the wording! I never liked it.
>
> Unfortunately, we can't change labels, but have to introduce new ones
> (because translators wouldn't recognize the changes).

That's sad. However, the current english description is not descriptive
enough. I've no idea of translations in italien, etc...

The change consists of putting "Did" at the start - a keyword for
question sentence - and removing the "Please contact[...]!" from the
headline.

IMHO, I could live with having changed the default (english) message only.

Marcus.