[TYPO3-core] RFC #15742: HCI: Add new Icons from Lars for Workspace Module to t3skin

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sun Sep 19 18:23:13 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 19-9-2010 13:01, Steffen Ritter wrote:
> The sprint has been quite productive and we are very far. It definetely
> will be finished for 4.5. That's why we started to push the stuff which
> is not inside our extensions to the core list.

It was already voted in, obviously by people who knew the backgrounds.
Without the screenshots it isn't clear what the new icons were supposed
to do.

Still, identical icons for different functions is bad.

> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/9472#note-11

I can't believe that this is the result of a team with usability in mind:
- a percentage of change is rather useless; every change must be
processed in a workspace. Only the fact that something has changed is
what you have to know
- colour coding for the type of changes is bad for the part of the
population which has problems with colour vision. Never communicate
something with colour alone is a big usability rule I was told
- colour coding is bad also if you need a "legende" to explain the meaning
- the action icons make it rather "full". The
"page-with-magnifying-glass" icon is very strange here: it's mostly used
for 'print preview' and sometimes for searching documents. From the
patch I conclude that it must start the page module. Maybe a selector
box with actions would be easier (also easy to expand without
compromising the layout)?

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert