[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15711: Render ModuleMenu with ExtJs, remove the frameset

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Sep 17 11:39:57 CEST 2010

Hi,

Stefan Galinski schrieb:
> Here is my test report like I promised you. :-)

thanks - this is a review i like!

> ## PageTree ##
> ##############
>
> - "MountAsTreeRoot" context menu option does nothing
> - "Hide/Unhide" via context menu does nothing
> - "Edit" via context menu option does nothing
> - "Cut&Copy&Paste" via context menu does nothing
> - "Delete" via context menu does nothing
> - "MoreOptions->Access" opens with wrong URL (subdirectory issue?)

all fixed

> ## FileTree ##
> ##############

all fixed

> ## TopBar ##
> ############
>
> - sys_action: Actions are opened in a new window instead of the right frame

fixed

> ## ModuleMenu ##
> ################
>
> - Icons are restricted in size now (@see EXT:makeWrong)
>   - IMHO this is acceptable...

not new - was there before too

> - collapsing of sections causes some strange css effect with the child
> elements... (they are jumping some pixels to the right)

fixed

> ####################
> ## Reading Issues ##
> ####################
>
> - Let us start with our good old friend: Mr. CGL ;-)

i only used CGL for the changed part. More cleaning should be done extra.

> - removed AJAX methods should be removed from the list in
> "t3lib/config_default.php"
> - "backendsizemanager.js" should be removed if it's not needed anymore and
> maybe also the regarding debug console events

i now removed all unused stuff, i left in before to make sure it's not
needed.

> - there are still some "console.log" calls

there is one:
console.log(mod + ' was not found in modules');

and it should stay or changed to a JS flashmessage. Only happens if you
call a mod from url which isn't loaded, shouldn't happen in normal
environment.

> ###########
> ## Notes ##
>
> 1. Why have you moved the ModuleMenu instance outside of the "TYPO3"
> namespace (ModuleMenu.App)?

I think this is one nesting that is not needed. i did it now, but i
don't like it, as i have to create
TYPO3.ModuleMenu = {};
only to get the nesting level.

We should get a CGL for javascript asap.

vg Steffen