[TYPO3-core] RFC #14095: impexp: doesn't work when used from clipboard in list module

Helmut Hummel helmut at typo3.org
Thu Sep 16 11:21:39 CEST 2010

On 16.09.10 10:06, Bernhard Kraft wrote:
> Hello Helmut ;)
>
> On 09/16/2010 12:53 AM, Helmut Hummel wrote:
>
>  > OK. Here it is for trunk. Patches for 4.3 and 4.4 comming next days as
>  > promised.
>
> Well. I have to admit I didn't know about the module dispatcher. Is there some documentation about it?
>
> For me the "x" in front of the module name looked like it should get disabled:
>
> $url = $this->backPath . 'mod.php?M=xMOD_tximpexp&tx_impexp[action]=export';
>                                      ^
>
> So is there some documentation on why to prefix a module name with "x" ?
>
> Anyways I find this a bad idea (whoever made this decision). "x" is something like: I do not know what else I should have prefixed it with !?!?

This can be changed easily, if requested.
You register a script for the dispatcher like this:

t3lib_extMgm::addModulePath('xMOD_tximpexp',t3lib_extMgm::extPath($_EXTKEY).'app/');

So the name could be changed, but I do not know for what reason it was
chosen this way and I also don't care about the naming here.

> But anyways. As soon as I know how this module dispatcher works I will apply your patch and give it a test.

Just look into typo3/mod.php

It only does some file inclusions and then requires the index.php
according to the name given in the M GET parameter (if such a name was
registered like above).

Btw. many modules in the core act like this, unfortunately not all, but
this is subject to change (towards using the dispatcher).

Regards Helmut