[TYPO3-core] RFC #15698: Enable "rand" parameter to listNum method

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Mon Sep 13 21:56:41 CEST 2010

Maximilian Kalus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Feature
>
> BT Reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15698
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> The listNum method should be able to return random entries of a list.

We already had RFC #8514 to add a "random number generator" to the set of stdWrap functions.
So instead of having an appropriate value "rand" for listNum, I would give listNum stdWrap properties instead.

Besides having listNum.random = number, it would give even more options to get the listNum in relation to other dynamic parameters.

Since we are already preparing "chained" stdWrap functions, this would make much more sense.

So -1 for this one

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de