[TYPO3-core] RFC #16177: Add DB structure update pre-processing hook in EM

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sun Oct 31 08:35:36 CET 2010

Hi,

While starting to work on the DBAL hook implementation (should be very
handy when using Oracle), it turned out that having the array
$update_statements requires further processing. v2 provides $diff
instead, which is the array of all differences in the database
structure, but not yet flattened as SQL queries as it is the case in
$update_statements.

These info/queries may be recomputed anyway in the hook implementation
using methods from caller and $extKey/$extInfo but as I'm gonna
implement some "official" hook implementation which will live in Core,
I'd prefer not recomputing those info.

Note: you don't have to use DBAL to be able to review this RFC, just use
the code I provided in previous post to see that it works!

Cheers
Xavier