[TYPO3-core] RFC: #16059: Use ExtJS Tooltips for CSH labels

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Oct 20 08:54:41 CEST 2010

Helmut Hummel schrieb am 20.10.2010 08:48:

> On 20.10.10 00:14, Steffen Gebert wrote:
>>
>> I would also call it "TYPO3 help" instead of "TYPO3 inline help"
>> (personal taste?).
>
> No. I would skip the header completely since it only gives very obvious
> information. Instead the styling should be adjusted like Steffen
> suggested (bubble style).

I would agree, we don't need this title. The information that we used to
have is enough.

See t3lib_befunc::helpText, which renders no title if there is no title,
and only creates it if the help CSH contains some title. Also the
original helpText method used to create the link with an "arrow" only if
there was something to link (more information).

So why not calling the "good old helpText" method in the ExtDirect call
instead of implementing "yet another" help text fetching method?

Cheers,
Ernesto