[TYPO3-core] RFC #15965: codemirror lib for t3editor should be moved to contrib and updated to latest version

Marcus Krause marcus#exp2010 at t3sec.info
Tue Oct 19 21:36:55 CEST 2010

Hi!

Steffen Kamper schrieb am 10/17/2010 10:58 PM Uhr:
> Hi,
>
> i will sort out and delete all the unused stuff inside, thx for the
> reminder.

Further odd things regarding codemirror lib:

The groovy part loads resources from external servers (JS and CSS files
directly from an external svn repository).

I personally don't like loading of external resources. Maybe there are
TYPO3 installations that don't want to disclose the existence (server
name etc.) by referrer headers.

In addition, the XQuery part is licensed under "Apache License, Version
2.0". This is *incompatible* with GPL 2!

The license part needs to be resolved soon; at least is should be taken
care of before an upcoming packaging of a trunk (alpha3 milestone:
20.10.2010 / http://forge.typo3.org/projects/1344/wiki/Release_Plan )

I suggest the removal from unnecessary parsers from codemirror lib. I
don't see a urgent need to have python, plsql. lua, groovy, ometa,
scheme, C# parsers bundled with TYPO3.

Regards,
Marcus.