[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15966: Enable debug mode in BE

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Oct 12 11:40:12 CEST 2010

Hi,

Georg Ringer schrieb:
> Am 12.10.2010 10:41, schrieb Steffen Kamper:
>> Because this flag is used for develop only i didn't added it to
>> config_default, so you can't set it with install tool. This is done for
>> the reason that user don't set it by accident.
>
> -1 for that because of the following reasons:

puh - did you ever debugged the BE?

> * This can be set only by an admin (or a user who has access to the
> install tool), therefore this is not just a normal "user".

we are talking about debugging, this is only relevant for a user having
all access!

> * Every configuration needs an explanation and a place to set it. There
> are already too many hidden/special features which can only be set by
> knowing the correct name

it's not relevant for normal usage, so i don't see a reason to blow up
the configuration.

> * I don't want to remember all possible configurations but wanna look it up

if you don't debug you don't need to remember.

> * If it is hidden to avoid accidents, better hide the settings for
> Imagemagick and DB access too as there can be severe consequences if
> doing the wrong thing.  <sarcasm> Same for setting the new password
> because if set, you need to remember the password </sarcasm>

irrelevant ;)

> * If it is 0 or 1, check for == 1 and not > 1 or is it planned to have
> multiple values?

yes, could be possible. Doesn't harm here. It's only simple check as
configuration can be int or string.

vg Steffen