[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15812: Add backend maintenance for login news

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Fri Oct 8 22:21:08 CEST 2010

Sebastian Michaelsen wrote:

Hi Sebastian,

> Generally I dislike the approach that admins can be considered evil. For
> my understanding an admin should have unlimited access, but maybe I'm
> just working on too simple projects. Maybe there are usecases where one
> has to distiguish between trustable and not trustable admins.

Yes, that's true, the issue becomes more visible with bigger projects.
In the end it boils down to what Helmut mentioned already; the gap
between regular user and admin is too big and it should be possible to
allow a user to access certain admin tool f.e. without having to grant
him complete admin access.

best
Ingo

--