[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15812: Add backend maintenance for login news

Sebastian Michaelsen sebastian.gebhard at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 23:43:14 CEST 2010

Am 06.10.2010 15:35, schrieb Ingo Renner:
> IMO, for your purposes, you should create a new way to manipulate the login screen instead of
> (ab)using the news system, you're clearly not displaying news, do you?
Of course you're right with this point. I need to find a new way (presumably creating a hook) how to
insert my functionality to the login page.

Generally I dislike the approach that admins can be considered evil. For my understanding an admin
should have unlimited access, but maybe I'm just working on too simple projects. Maybe there are
usecases where one has to distiguish between trustable and not trustable admins.