[TYPO3-core] RFC #15645: Make checkboxes at the bottom of modules hidable

Jörg Klein joerg at klein-family.com
Wed Oct 6 21:44:47 CEST 2010

Hi Steffen,

"Steffen Gebert" <steffen at steffen-gebert.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1286094462.27070.typo3-team-core at lists.typo3.org...

> there has already been an RFC (#10533) in which you were involved. Is the
> current patch an outcome of the (lengthy..) discussion there?

Yes. :-)

This issue on the one hand does less then #10533, but on the other hand it
also does more:

While #10533 aimed at having a way to hide the checkbox AND have a
predefined value set, I here only want a possibility to hide the box.
#10533 however only wanted to do this with one checkbox; here I deal with
all.

As a summary of #10533: Mainly two aspects were discussed:
The first one was the question whether it made sense to use only one switch
for hiding/showing/activating/deactivating the checkbox. With the proposed
implementation you could show the checkbox while the predefined value was
set. The problem was that then the checkbox does not make any sense, because
it cannot be used.
Since my patch does not set a default value, that problem cannot occur.

The second aspect was the question, whether the option should be moved to
the User Module.
People agreed not to do this. They argued against doing so, because there
are users who want to change the option rather frequently during their work.
But that would no longer be possible that quickly and comfortably, if the
checkbox was located in a completely different module. This makes a bad
workflow.
As a result I don't move the checkboxes.

So all in all I think that I took the important notes from #10533 into
account. :-)

Kind regards

Jörg