[TYPO3-core] FYI #14496: SQL parser does not handle ALTER TABLE with character set operation

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu May 27 20:42:38 CEST 2010

Hi,

Just wanted to report here...

> Note #2:
> introductionpackage still not works but cannot as it is not
> DBAL-compliant. Recent changes in parser were useful in general. But I
> opened a bug report for that:
> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/show/7944
>
> and posted a patch that basically do not try to alter the database to
> UTF8 as it should already be properly configured anyway when working
> with DBAL.
>
> Note #3:
> introductionpackage seems to have non-conform sqldump, including columns
> with character set latin1, ... that makes the SQL parser fail. Will
> report DBAL problems to the corresponding bugtracker because it would be
> great to have introductionpackage compatible with DBAL!

If they fix my other bug [2] which is just a matter of properly configuring the mysqldump, I'm glad to announce that I could show step 4 of the 1-2-3-4 process provided by Introduction Package on an
Oracle DBMS.

I had to manually fix those 2 bugs and increase the duration a PHP script might execute (to 3 min but perhaps a bit less would work too).

Step 4 shows the prompt to enter a password for the TYPO3 installation and let us choose the color of the demo webpage.

After that, I completed setup and got a final error:

SQL engine parse ERROR: No field name found as expected in parseFieldList(): near "" in /var/www/test/typo3/sysext/dbal/class.ux_t3lib_db.php : 1193

But after having a look at the corresponding problem, it is an old version of realurl that still uses "DISTINCT(pid)" instead of "DISTINCT pid"

After fixing that, I get a no page found at root level (in fact, the pages table is empty) but still, I could log into the BE!

I will synchronize DBAL within Core tomorrow!

Having a break for the evening now!

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/show/7944
[2] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/show/7945

--