[TYPO3-core] RFC#14486, typo3/sysext/t3skin/images/icons/apps/pagetree-page-mauntpoint.png

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Wed May 26 22:38:05 CEST 2010

On 5/26/10 12:01 PM, Steffen Ritter wrote:
> Hey,
>
> rfc request
>
> BT: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14486
>
> Problem:
> There where several icons missing in the new icon set, especially
> file-types, not-in-menu, palettes and so on.
>
> filled up missing icons from famfam set or t3skin, reskinning team also
> gave some changes (page-type icons)
> Additionally to the added icons the sprites where updated accordingly,
> and all core tca and spriteIconApi configuration has been adapted to
> mathc ne new stuff.
>

> Warning: patch is binary:
> before commit please also do: svn del
> typo3/sysext/t3skin/images/icons/apps/pagetree-page-mauntpoint.png
>
> regards
>
> Steffen

Thanks Steffen! I think this is much closer than yesterday so thanks for
all your hard work to get it there.

I spent some time just browsing the backend and looking for issues. Most
of these are minor and could be committed in a followup since getting
this in will allow further skin work to proceed. I hope the
Safari/Webkit issue can be address very soon though.

I'll go ahead and give my +1 on testing with the caveat that there are
more followups to come but we need to get this in for other work to
continue.

Important Issues
================
* Missing icons in Safari/Webkit when empty span is collapsed. Generally
affects new record icon and close icon, but also affects overlay for
hidden records in list view.
* Missing icon for types that are added to core tables (ie. FCEs are a
new type on tt_content). This was already a known issue to be fixed in a
future commit.

Styling + Missing Icons
=======================
* Shortcut icon is inconsistent between creating and viewing shortcuts.
Creating uses a start and viewing from the top toolbar uses the arrow.
* Alignment issue with workspace menu
* When browsing in filelist, folders are fine in the tree, but lack a
unique icon when viewed in the right frame.
* Scheduler has a missing icon for check/uncheck all
* Missing icons in template analyzer for static templates and for "Clear
Constants" check
* Missing icon at the top of Functions module
* Missing icon for "mark duplicates" when in single table view with
items on clipboard #1

Just My Opinion
* I assume all of the show/hide and view icon usage matches the results
of T3UXW09? Using the eye for both changing state and previewing seems a
little confusing to me but maybe that's just because its different than
what I'm used to.
* The icon for opening palettes seems too literal to me. I'd prefer
something that indicates opening up hidden options since the user has no
idea what a palette is.

Unrelated to Sprites