[TYPO3-core] RFC #12365: cache_extensions.authorname too small

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu May 13 16:22:23 CEST 2010

Steffen Gebert wrote:
> Problem:
> cache_extensions.authorname is defined as:
> authorname varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
> in t3lib/stddb/tables.sql
>
> Solution:
> increase length of both fields.

I tried to find the definition of the fields, but I couldn't find any
restrictions, apart from the SQL definition in the TER extension [1].
There authorname is defined as tinytext.

So, if you change it to varchar(255) it would be comparable to the
definition in TER and the DBAL folks will also be happy...

[1]
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/ter/current/info/ext_tables.sql/

--
Jigal van Hemert