[TYPO3-core] RFC #14367: Install Tool does not provide a logout possibility

Helmut Hummel helmut at typo3.org
Wed May 12 09:29:52 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 12.05.10 00:05, Lars Houmark wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Tweak
>
> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14367
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> Problem:
>     The Install Tool is a powerful tool. Therefore it should also allow
> the user to actively logout.
>
> Solution:
>     Add a logout menu item in the left menu.
>
> How to test:
>     Simply apply the patch and use the new link in the left menu to log
> out.

While logging out functionality is generally good, I would not implement
it in the install tool this way.

The install tool should only be turned on when working with it, and
after that it has to be switched off, by deleting the install tool file.

There's not much benefit having a "looged off" state compared to a
complete shutdown of the tool (which is done automatically after 1h now).

So I'd sudgest that the "logoff" button should delete the
ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file instead (and should probably be renamed in
"lock install tool").

I think that such a lock button link would be quite usefull directly in
the install tool.

Regards Helmut