[TYPO3-core] RFC #13379: Sprite Icon API

Helmut Hummel helmut at typo3.org
Sat May 1 16:23:43 CEST 2010

Hey Benni,

On 01.05.10 07:41, Benjamin Mack wrote:

> Yes, I'm still up... :)

wow, that was a long day :)

> Attached is a new version of the sprite API which fixes one small bug
> when rendering DB record icons.
>
> Also attached is a revised version of Thomas' patch of many occurences
> in the TYPO3 backend where sprites can be used and will be used. Works
> like a charm for me so far.
>
> Please test.

Generally it also works for me, but there are still some css styles
missing, for "hideinmenu" for example.

I also took a quick look into the code. I like the API very much and the
code is quite clean.

However lately I would prefer a if (true) {$a='bar'} else {$a='foo'}
instead of conditionals in strings $a = (true)?'bar':'foo'

But this could be a presonal preference.

Some meta remarks:

* Will t3skin will be a required extension for 4.4? Currently it's
impossible to remove it, because backend is "naked" (like Francois named
it).

* With the new sprite API the number of visually to be identified states
is drastically reduced. If a page is hidden, I don't see any more that
also a user restriction is set, for example. Only one "state" is shown
depending on a defined priority. I'm not sure about this fact but
probably someone could see this as a regression.
Has this been discussed during the T3UXW?

So far my testing and comments, looking further...

Helmut