[TYPO3-core] RFC #13386: Bug: mod.web_list.hideTables doesn't accept spaces

Christian Buelter buelter at kennziffer.com
Fri Mar 26 12:33:56 CET 2010

Am 26.03.2010 00:51, schrieb Christian Kuhn:
> Hey Marcel,
>
> Marcel Greter wrote:
>> Bugtracker references:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13386
>>
>> Branches:
>> Trunk - Revision 7088
>>
>> Problem:
>> mod.web_list.hideTables doesn't allow whitespace.
>>
>> Solution:
>> Use t3lib_div::trimExplode with in_array and not t3lib_div::inList.
>>
>> Note:
>> Same function as with allowedNewTables and deniedNewTables.
>
> Nice patch, thanks!
>
> Generally +1 on reading and testing, but some changes in attached version:
> - I didn't wanted to change the type of this->hideTables from string to
> array, this might break for people xclassing the module and bughunting
> in the list module is no fun ;)
> - The if with double encapsulated ternary operator made me scratch my
> itch, I disentangled this and added comments, from my understanding all
> should work as before ...
> - Use t3lib_div::inArray instead of in_array
>
> To test, here are the affected settings:
>
> a) Should work now:
> mod.web_list.hideTables (
>   tt_address,
>   tt_news
> )
> b) TCA [ctrl][hideTable] => TRUE / FALSE
> c) overriding previous selection:
> mod.web_list.table.tt_news.hideTable = 1
>
> Regards
> Christian

+1 by reading and testing during the bugday

tested against current trunk.

This is my testcase:

Before patch:

mod.web_list.hideTables = fe_users,fe_groups
--> works (both tables are hidden)

mod.web_list.hideTables = fe_users, fe_groups
--> does not work (only fe_users is hidden)

mod.web_list.hideTables (
	fe_users,
	fe_groups
)
--> does not work (no table is hidden)

After patch:

mod.web_list.hideTables = fe_users,fe_groups
--> works (both tables are hidden)

mod.web_list.hideTables = fe_users, fe_groups
--> works (both tables are hidden)

mod.web_list.hideTables (
	fe_users,
	fe_groups
)
--> works (both tables are hidden)

Although I could not apply the patch (error message: "FAILED"), so I hat
to apply the changes manually.

After that I made a patch using svn diff. For my eyes, it's exactly the
same as 13386_02.diff, only the revision number is different.

Anyway, I attach the patch here.

Greetings,

Christian