[TYPO3-core] RFC #5500: Feature: Load Inline Elements On Demand

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Wed Mar 24 20:43:45 CET 2010

On 2010-03-24, Steffen Kamper said:

> absolutely no ;) this can be used for develop, but then you disable
> cache for css completely.
> The Problem must be with ajax, you can send cached and non-cached
> requests, or something different.
> Also beware of IE, i think the max number of stylesheet files he can
> handle is 22.

Did you miss the part about that the timestamp is the mtime of the actual file?

With this method the timestamp will only change if the file is changed,
and this means that the browser should re-cache the file. Browsers are
perfectly capable of caching JS and CSS files with parameters, and this
one will for the most files rarely change, but in case of an update of
the core or an extension (with a backend mod using some custom JS in an
included file), there is a great chance some files are changed, and
then the editors browser should automatically re-cache which will
happen automatically because the mtime is updated and so will the
parameter of the file.

A concept of sending different cache headers with plain JS and CSS
files (on all systems) I would like you to explain more. I don't see
how this is easily possible.

--
Lars Houmark