[TYPO3-core] RFC: #13828: Login cause JS error if not in frame (access to parent is not allowed)

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Mar 16 20:02:00 CET 2010

Hi,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:

> The current condition is:
>
> if (parent.opener && parent.opener.TS && parent.opener.TS.username &&
>      document.loginform && document.loginform.username)
>
> If parent is Window and opener is "undefined", as you are saying, you
> will never get to the "parent.opener.TS" part (which is what is showing
> your Firebug error screenshot), because the first condition will already
> be unmet.

that is something i don't get too. It seems that JS don't check
parent.opener because it violates the cross-scripting. But it doesn't
break and looks further and tries to access parent.opener.TS. The
"undefined" i see when i hover in FB over the first opener.

However, the error raises up to me all the time when coming from a link.
I have locally domains configured using my host file to simulate real
domains and test multidomain setups.

> So I am sorry, but I will have to pass this over to other reviewers to test.
>
> But I can give you a "+1" by reading, as this situation aparently pops
> up (at least for you) and catching that exception is clearly solves it.

np. thx for trying. i think catching the error is a clean solution for
this problem.

vg Steffen