[TYPO3-core] RFC #13630: Bug: Status Report reports "Install Tool: disabled" when it is not.

Susanne Moog typo3 at susanne-moog.de
Tue Mar 2 16:32:55 CET 2010

Hi Gregor,

Gregor Hermens wrote:
> Hi Moreno,
>
> Moreno Feltscher schrieb:
>
>> Sorry, but -1 on that.
>> It was me who provided the patch to get rid of the install tool file
>> existence check.
>> The reason for that: Your patch doesn't take the automatic deletion of the
>> install tool after 30 minutes into account and it will always show the
>> temporary information, even if the install tool isn't accessible at all.
>
> attached patch v2 checks for the age of the ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file if it
> doesn't contain 'KEEP_FILE'. The file is deleted if it is older then 3600s,
> else the remaining time to live is displayed in the status report.

+1 by reading and testing for v2, with two suggestions:

- In case of a temporary enabled install tool I don't think we should
issue an actual warning, more like a notice (so severity change).

- Don't display the remaining time in seconds, because it's pretty hard
to understand at a glance what "3585 seconds left" means.

Best regards,

Susanne