[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14565: There is no way to disable compress and concatenate

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Wed Jun 9 13:24:37 CEST 2010

Hello,

Am 09.06.2010 01:11, schrieb Steffen Kamper:
> Hi Susanne,
>
> Susanne Moog schrieb:
>>
>> Afterthought: would be nice to have a install tool switch (like "enable
>> CSS / JS development mode") for even easier switching - what do you
>> think?
>>

> yes, that is needed for BE / core coding. A Global switch for this is
> very handy, this is obvious while having compressed scripts and need of
> bugfixing / debug

I digged quite a little bit into the issue of compressionLevel,
concatenate and minifying.

First of all IMO we need separate analysis for BE and FE.
Secondly we need to differentiate between concatenation, minifying and
compression.

For compression I would just like to see the already long existing
TYPO3_CONF_VAR[FE|BE][compressionLevel] to do the job, also FE rather
seems to be unused to me currently.

Concatenation(only available for CSS) seems not have any toggle yet.
Also it is not available/working in FE yet?

Having another "meta" setting in BE/TYPO3_CONF_VAR IMO tends to add more
complexity but might come in handy of course. But from my point of view
best would be to add:
TYPO3_CONF_VAR[FE|BE][concatenateCSS]
and make it work. ;)

Tried to get the big picture on this and put my findings on
http://blog.niekom.de/compression-with-t3lib_compressor-in-typo3

Greets,
Peter
--