[TYPO3-core] FYI24 #14130: Switching pages with browsebox doesn't work

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Jun 2 15:49:36 CEST 2010

Hi,

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix nobrainer

Bugtracker reference:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14130

Branches: 4-3, trunk

Problem:
The pagebrowser for the result list of indexed_search uses javascript to switch the page. In 4.3.3 a change was introduced in the template to be XHTML compatible. As a result the javascript now fails with

Error: document.tx_indexedsearch is undefined

Solution:
The attached patch solves this (thanks to Mark Kuiphuis for providing a "patch in the comment"). I just made a proper patch and tested it.

There is another proposal to add a switch to generate a result form that does not rely on JavaScript. It could only be introduced for trunk and as feature freeze is there, this means TYPO3 4.5. In the
meantime, this solution is OK.

As such I'll commit this patch to trunk and 4_3 in 24h if nobody objects.

Cheers

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en