[TYPO3-core] RFC #13750: Bug: Several GIFBUILDER features broken for IM4, IM6 and GM

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 12:22:15 CEST 2010

Am 30.05.2010 19:58, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
> Jigal van Hemert wrote:
>> Benjamin Mack wrote:
>>> I think that we need to have this patch tested on
>>>
>>> * Unix + Windows
>>> * safe_mode on/off
>>> * PDF thumbnail generation / GIFBuilder
>>>
>>> to be complete.
>>
>> Just tested with:
>> * GraphicsMagick
>> * Windows (Vista)
>> * safe mode on/off
>> * Install Tool tests / GIFBuilder
>>
>> all succeeded.
>>
> And tested with:
> * IM6.2.8
> * CentOS
> * safe mode off (can't turn it on myself ;-( )
> * Install Tool tests / GIFBuilder
>
> all succeeded.

Hello guys,

sorry for (maybe) kinda hijacking this thread,
but since some days all of our TYPO3 websites which
are based on the source versions of 4.3.3, 4.2.12
and even some rare 4.0.x version, FAIL to render
text with niceText=1 and I'm wodnering if this is
related to this bug here.

This was always working, but since about 2 weeks
ago, it seems, there was a PHP update or at least
a recompilation of PHP, which I can see in the phpinfo():
"Build Date May 21 2010 05:32:13"

Rendering text with niceText=0 works well, but the
text then is rather ugly.

PHP Version 5.2.12

ImageMagick version:
imagick module version		2.3.0
imagick classes			Imagick, ImagickDraw, ImagickPixel, ImagickPixelIterator
ImageMagick version		ImageMagick 6.3.7 08/07/09 Q16
http://www.imagemagick.org
ImageMagick release date 	08/07/09
ImageMagick Number of supported formats: 	179

GD + freetype:
GD Support		enabled
GD Version 		bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
FreeType Support 	enabled
FreeType Linkage 	with freetype
FreeType Version 	2.3.7
T1Lib Support 		enabled
GIF Read Support 	enabled
GIF Create Support 	enabled
JPG Support 		enabled
PNG Support 		enabled
WBMP Support 		enabled
XBM Support 		enabled

I have tried a lot of combinations for the image rendering settings
which all don't work - the result in the image text rendering tests
in the backend is a blue background image with no text (where the text
should be blue and the background should be grey as seen in the
reference image).

I have read thru the bugtracker conversation and tried to apply some
patches, but I'm not sure which one is the actual/working patch for
versions 4.3.3. and 4.2.12 - I wasn't able to get it running.

I'd be very happy about hints how to test my server or the TYPO3
source on how to find out the reason for the wrong rendering, because
a lot of websites now suffer from this, displaying no rendered text.

Thanks a lot in advance and sorry if I've broken some rule for not
posting such things in the core list or similar.

Best regards,
Thomas